Friday, April 11, 2008

Episode Ninety: Cue The Chicks!

New shownotes and audio link here.

Can you believe we're about to start our THIRD year???

Ai yi yi how time flies.

So, I promised you a ton of links, mostly from the very patient Becky!
Beading information here (Thai Silver), here (great shepherd hook ear wires), and here. Oh, and Vintaj beads and Foxy Findings (great stones)...Our listener Elizabeth's etsy store--home of the great dishcloth and so so SO much more! The Therapik--just go look. AMAZing...I'll let you know how it works for me!

A great Frankenstein kids book.

Radiolab con hubris from our own Madame Leiderhosen. Cool new-to-me podcast for lovers of the OED etc.

Our new sponsors: Carolina Homespun (EVERYthing you ever wanted in a fiber store--and ask Morgaine if you don't see what you're looking for!) and Golden Gate Fiber Institute. Don't forget--No Idle Hands is now an audio book...WONderful!

Dixie at Yellowdog Knitting Store--and beautiful blog--just go look, then donate to the show to be put in the running for enough yarn to make a pattern from here...we'll give you some options.

My friend and listener Emily's animal care website. Ain't the pup's cute?

And, the pics I promised. Becky's gorgeous necklace won by the lucky Catherine of Elm Grove, Wisconsin!
You can find more work by Becky in her store.

5 comments:

  1. I have three of the Little Women dolls from Madame Alexander. They have been a way that I have bonded with my future mother-in-law. Your mentioning them in the podcast brought a huge smile to my face. Marmie was the only doll I was allowed to have out as a child. She needed a lot of love and care this past Christmas because of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:12 AM

    For us International listeners it may be important to inform that Knit Out Loud does not ship outside US and Canada. Just to save the disappointment when one is set on listening to No Idle hands e.g.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Little Women is one of my favorite books. I'm so glad we're going to be reading it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! I can't believe I won!! I'm so behind this month on the episodes!! I just got the necklace today. It's gorgeous!!!

    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:26 PM

    You're welcome!! Glad you like the necklace!! Becky

    ReplyDelete

and then you said...