Thursday, May 24, 2007

Episode Fifty-five: Still Knitting...

And, um...weaving too.

Like I needed another pastime...

Begging for a knitted farm.
And did I tell you about this fantastic book?!

And, finally, I have to share my Sock Yarn Love from Katie's store (this is Desert Olive and Sincerity in the Juliet yarn, 75% superwash and 25% nylon...and it's so soft you'll wonder where they hid the nylon...). Yay Katie!




And a belated thank you to Rachael who dyed some sock yarn for me--gorgeous Kool Aid colors! MORE SOCKS! Whoo hoo! (And Rachael, if your DH convinces you to come to AZ--and you should...it's a dry heat--be sure to let me know when and where!)

And the essay I refer to in the 'Cast.

Don't forget. If you want a copy of When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters you have to send me your most outrageous knitting horror story. My sister and husband--impartial to the intricacies of knitting and your names, but very good writers--will pick the three best for me to read on the next episode, and those three lucky folks will receive their own copy. Gratis! (You can thank the publishing company.)

4 comments:

  1. Darling, Blossom:
    Thank you for this week's podcast. Marvelously distracting and exactly what I needed. Go weave us something else pretty to look at!
    Cheers and affection. - The Madame L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, can't wait to listen to the new episode after reading this post. How the heck did I miss this last week or earlier this week?
    Love the book title.
    Hum, don't have a knitting horror story. I frog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just getting caught up again. no knitting horror story, but I think the women must be knitting lace shawls! eminently useless, and easy to knit people into them --- family crests in lace perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giggle and to think my copy of A Knitted Farm was only 10 cents at a used book store a few years back...

    ReplyDelete

and then you said...